How to reach us
On foot or with snowshoes over the Pitztal ridge
By parachute with stopover on the Pitztal glacier
Or perhaps you’d prefer to use a more standard method:
By train or plane -
We can pick you up from Imst or <st1:City><st1:place>Innsbruck</st1:place></st1:City>.
By plane: There are inexpensive flights to help you get to the beautiful Pitztal www.tuifly.com
From autumn, the best connection is via Innsbruck.
You can contact the Taxi Wolfi taxi service (0664/3003863) or hire a car for easy access to the Landhaus Edelweiss.
By road via <st1:place><st1:PlaceType>Lake</st1:PlaceType> <st1:PlaceName>Constance</st1:PlaceName></st1:place> and Garmisch – <st1:City><st1:place>Munich</st1:place></st1:City> - <st1:City><st1:place>Innsbruck</st1:place></st1:City> or via the Fernpass to Imst. Take the turning for Pitztal. After about 30 minutes, you will reach Tieflehn/St. Leonhard. The Hexenkessl, next to which is the Landhaus Edelweiss, is directly on the roadside.
We wish you a pleasant trip (no need to follow specific route markings if using the Fernpass).
If you wish to plan your route in advance, you’ll find a detailed map here.
In our immediate vicinity are:
- The Pitztal glacier (0.9 km)
- Rifflsee pistes (0.3 km)
- Hochzeiger pistes (approx. 25 km)
- There is a free bus service to all the ski pistes which leaves directly from our house
- 50 km cross country ski run (starts directly at our house)
- Winter hiking trails for long romantic walking tours and strolls
- Lighted toboggan run to our house (free for our guests)
- Ski school only 300 m distant, with baby lift and all-day crèche for children
- Good standard restaurant s’Pfandl only 20 m distant offering local specialities
- Only 50 m away is the top class hotel Tieflehner <st1:City><st1:place>Hof</st1:place></st1:City>, providing international standard cuisine and extensive wellness facilities (massage, hairstylist, health baths, beauty farm etc.) which our guests are welcome to use (against payment).
- We are only 30 m away from the world-famous Hexenkessl, where everyone meets for the afternoon aprés ski and then for chat and dancing in the evening (this is where it all happens). Hexenkessl – the ‘in’ meeting place in Pitztal
- Starting point for routes passing six refuge huts and many other high elevation hiking routes
- The Pitztal mountain bike path directly passes our house